Wednesday, June 14, 2006

VACATION IS COMING!

My wife's annual family reunion is coming up soon. As a result of circumstances that just fell into place this year, we will be taking 10 days of vacation--together--for the first time since we got married. In preparation for this, as well as due to job hunting and political activity, I am busier that a cat in a dog fight. So, my blogging activities have been lacking, and will be so for the next three weeks or so. My apologies to those that have made reading my posts a regular activity, but blogging must take a secondary role... unless there is someone out there that is willing to pay me a decent salary to blog without conditions as to content or opinion.

One of my colleagues recently asked me if I made any money blogging. I replied that there are people making money via their blogs, but that doing so can tend to obligate the blogger to keep to some limits on what can be said or done. Since I am an active member of the ACLU, a critic of local, state and federal government, and a strict constitutionalist, I tend to get into conflicts with those that want to control what I write... which is why I don't have a job writing a column for a paper... I cannot fathom having to curtail my views in favor of the whims of advertisers and sales people.

I will be on vacation from Friday, June 16, until Tuesday, June 26. I will try to find time to read my e-mail and contribute to the blog a few times during that period, but mostly I will be hob-nobbing among in-laws and soaking in a pool, weather permitting. Hopefully, I will manage to capture a decent teaching job while I am in the region I will be visiting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home