Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Capital Versus Capitol

Someone has anonymously brought my attention to my use of the term "Capital Hill" instead of the correct term, "Capitol Hill" when I describe events in congress.

While I appreciate the attention to detail that this anonymous reader paid to my posts, I must point out that my use of the term, "capital," is a deliberate slap in the face of those congress critters that seem to think of their election to office as a means by which they seek to line their pockets with new found "capital" and line themselves up for high-paying jobs if they leave office. The revolving door that is open to representatives and senators in the field of lobbying borders on the ridiculous and exceeds the borders of ethics. While the new ethics rules being considered and passed in congress may address some of these issues, more needs to be done in this regard.

So, I contend that my use of the term, "capital," is an appropriate way to bring these issues to our attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home